Friday, November 30, 2007

Thing 9!

I have an iGoogle home page on my home computer, and I have a lot of Google tools loaded there and I look at them frequently (way too frequently!). I have movies, maps, directions (not as good as MSN in my opinion), weather, news from several sources, and assorted other information (dictionaries, blogs, calendars, etc.) and pictures at a glance. I looked through some of the other tools and decided that Google finance is a good one to add to my home page. It has stock quotes, market summaries and business news all neatly packaged, in one place.

I tried Google Docs and thought it was a neat way to jointly work on a document or to save it somewhere always accessible, which could be very useful to me and my school projects that I am always e-mailing to myself from work or home, depending on where I will be next. I did however spend an inordinate amount of time trying to upload a picture from my home file into my document and failed miserably. I am going to call in my home tech support (otherwise known as Andy Ratoff) when he gets home.

1 comment:

The Skokie Ten said...

It's funny how everyone has their own preference when dealing with online maps and directions. I'm partial to Yahoo Maps, myself. I think a lot of people tend to stick with the one they started out with.

Congratulations on finishing the 10 Things!