Friday, November 30, 2007

On to Wikis - Thing 8!

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts in the wiki. I posted to favorite movies - I only picked two that I like, not wishing to put you all to sleep. And I also posted to favorite restaurants. My favorites seem very similar to a few others.

Radical trust is an interesting concept. It differs from trust in individuals, which takes time to develop. Radical trust requires instant trust in an entire community. I suppose that it is not quite instant, in that people have been getting used to and relying on online communication for quite a while now. I have been slowly getting accustomed to the idea, although I have to admit when I enrolled in an online program for my MLIS, I went there first, in person, to check it out!

Still, it is encouraging that a site like Wikipedia, although not without its issues, is so terrific. I use it often for popular culture and current topics, and it seldom lets me down.

No comments: