Friday, November 30, 2007

Podcasting - up to number 7!

I spent this afternoon at home exploring adding more podcasts to my various accounts. I have already been downloading podcasts of Fresh Air to my ipod, but wanted to add some new ones. I subscribed to the Slate Magazine podcast through Podcast Alley and the Rough Guide Podcast through Learn out Loud and put them on my Google Reader. I listened to a Rough Guide podcast interview about separating fact from fiction in the DaVinci Code for a while and then decided to see what looked interesting at the Itunes store. I subscribed to a Meet the Author podcast from Apple, but will have to wait to sync my Ipod to listen to that one.

As far as what we could do at the library, I think patrons might enjoy a link to a Meet the Author type podcast or one we do ourselves on the website. It would be nice to feature authors that are visiting SPL or ones that tie in to a display we are having.

All in all, it was fun to add podcasts. Now I hope to find the time to listen to some of them!

No comments: